But most universes (if not all) have television. Every time a person steps in front of a camera and pretends to be someone else, a character is created. That character has a soul … the same soul as a real, living human being somewhere in another universe. It happens on good TV shows, it happens on very bad TV shows, and it even happens on Law & Order spin-offs. That includes You. You are a character on a TV show in some other universe.For some unknown reason, I can see TV programs in parallel universes. I can tell you who your character is. I can tell you what the TV show was about. Sometimes I can even tell you about the actor or actress that portrayed you on that TV show.
Honestly, this is not a very useful paranormal ability. But I'm game if you want to give it a try. Leave a comment on this blog, or send me an e-mail. Tell me something about yourself. You choose how much to tell me, truth or lies, it doesn't matter. I’ll find your character in the multiverse, and write down as many details as I can make out. If you leave an e-mail address, I will send the info to you. I will also post the details here if your character or series is at all interesting.
It may take me a while to respond. This is a personal reading, not the output of a Java script. So be patient.
12 comments:
I'm a 42-year-old engineer who works in a business that sort of defies categorization. Let's call it advertising, though it's advertising-technology-in-a-social-media-sort of way. I am married and have 3 kids.
Tell me what character I am!
--A. Nony Muss
Okay, got it. Watch the top of the blog for the next couple of days. You are Akira, the nephew of Japanese superhero Dragon Man.
Hi JD,
This is great! I'm a 40-something guy, grew up in Montgomery, Alabama, I'm a poet, won a few poetry awards. One of my winners is "On the Loss of Paradise": one of my best is "Captive, My Ass." I myself was created by a fellow poet, whom you know well. Do I have a character in the grand scheme of this thing?
Dobby Mauby
Aka: Samuel Dobbs Mauby
PS: The word I had to type in for "word verification" to send this comment is stryme. Somehow that seems indicative of my identity.
Yes, Dobby, you DO have a parallel universe TV character!
I will now force the universes to give me more details. This is very difficult (and sometimes quite dangerous). I would do it this now, but I have a prior appointment with my barber. Come back in a day or two for the complete vision.
Dear Inter-Universe Traveler,
I don't especially want to know who I used to be and who I also am. But I am curious about one thing: How do you manage to get your dates (in this universe) scrambled? Have you really already lived November 20-something of 2009? Not that I doubt your ability to time-hop. Anyone who can universe-hop is above doubt.
I'm clearly late to this game, but I would LOVE to know my character. I'm a 40-something gal who grew up in Ohio, spent some time in Georgia, and now live in Washington. I manage a bunch of engineering groups that design flying machines. Oh, and I was once in Arab, AL (I'm sure that figures into my personality somewhere).
Thanks for the insight!
-SpringSummerWinterFall
Arab, eh? You must have done something bad to earn THAT karma.
Got your character. It may take a day or two, but check the main level of this blog over the next few days.
Okay, it's done. God help us.
Hello JD. Interesting how you're posting from the future. Any rate, if you should happen to come across information about my TV character alter-ego I'd be interested in hearing about it please.
I'm a geek (or is it nerd this week?), heavy into science fiction, space and the usual stereotypes. But I'm also a bit of an information sponge with interests in nature/natural history, human history, social sciences and pretty much anything else that catches my interest. I've worked as a programmer on the Computer-Aided Dispatch systems used in 911 centers, conducted consumer opinion surveys, helped start a computer recycling non-profit and managed the operations of a small oil-exploration consulting company. I'm also a long time wargamer and face-to-face role-playing gamer. (The running joke is that all my characters are just avatars of a Multiversal Mercenary who's motto is "You name it, we kill it, any time, any reality." because of all the different backgrounds I've played in and I tend to be the only one who survives for any length of time.)
If you need additional info let me know. Thanks.
DTravel - Got it. It may take me a while to write it up. Check back in a couple of days.
JDA
Thank you. Take your time, no need on my end for you to rush.
DTravel: Done! For whatever that's worth ...
Post a Comment